Visions and Aims
We intend that all our academies will share:
- A commitment to the achievement, personal development and well-being of children and young people, where the welfare of others is seen to be the first concern of all, no matter their starting point.
- A commitment to one academy rule: “All pupils/students and adults are expected to behave in a responsible manner, both to themselves and others, showing consideration, courtesy and respect at all times”.
- A commitment to promoting and supporting parents’ and carers’ engagement in the development of learning and educational experience of their children.
- A commitment to the professional development and welfare of all the staff who are employees of The Aspire Educational Trust.
- A commitment to understand the community context within which the MAT operates and to engage in appropriate activities with other agencies and community groups in order to promote community cohesion and economic regeneration.
- An aspiration to be the best, not just nationally but internationally, with outstanding learning and teaching which engages pupils and is active, collaborative and encourages independence.
- A commitment to pupil voice, intended to empower and involve young people in the development and delivery of their own education and the life of their academy.
- A modern curriculum which meets the needs of all learners, has clear progression routes internally and to future education and employment.
- Professional networks, within our group and beyond, providing school to school support, opportunities for pupils, and sharing professional development.
- A commitment to community involvement with our schools and to lifelong community learning.