Midday Assistant at Puss Bank School & Nursery
Midday Assistant Grade 2 (AA:AD 5003)
7.5 hours per week, 39 weeks per year (term time + INSET days)
Actual Salary: £3,106.76
We are a large primary school who values the contribution our staff make to our pupils’ experience and our friendly school community. We wish to appoint an enthusiastic Middy Assistant, with a passion for providing high quality care and support and building positive relationships with pupils during the school lunch break.
We expect the successful candidate to:
- Ensure that children have a pleasant lunchtime experience; eat their food in an appropriate manner and enjoy varied activities in the playground.
- Ensure the safety of pupils during the lunchtime period; taking into account pupil ages, disability and behaviour.
- Arrange age-appropriate activities for pupils during inclement weather when children are inside.
- Be supportive, nurturing and understanding.
- Have excellent positive behaviour management skills.
- Ensure application of the school behaviour policy during this period, referring serious issues to the Principal where applicable.
- Demonstrate good communication skills.
- Work well as part of a team.
In return you will receive:
- A welcoming, friendly environment.
- The support of committed, enthusiastic and dedicated colleagues.
- Pupils who are eager to learn and a credit to the school.
Visits to the school will be offered to shortlisted candidates at time of interview.
Puss Bank School & Nursery is committed to safeguarding children and young people. Applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment checks which will include References, Health, Right to Work in the UK, DBS and a declaration that neither they nor anyone who lives in the same household is a disqualified person under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009. Appointment to this post is subject to a probationary period.
Applications should be made by completing the Aspire Support Staff Application Form. A full application pack is available to download from the school website: https://www.pussbank.cheshire.sch.uk/staff-vacancies/. CV’s will not be accepted. Please return completed applications for the attention of Mrs McKinstry, Finance & HR Manager, by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Closing date for applications: 21st April 2021
Date of interviews: 30th April
Start Date: As soon as possible
Please note due to the volume of applications we are only able to notify shortlisted candidates.